I'm a bit intimidated by the task at hand, as I've suddenly realized that I'm an expert at nothing. I searched around for a good while, trying in vain to find some topic that I can at least add some bullshitty tidbits and facts to. A half-lit light bulb went off in my head, but I do have to admit that I scoffed aloud I typed "Marlborough, CT" into the search field, half-expecting to find no information in my small hometown. Much to my surprise, I found a Wikipedia entry complete with its own "rich history" of edits and revisions. Some users added informative edits, while others tried to offer their suggestions as to why no one likes it there, as well as their own creative story as to the town's origins. Vandalism aside, I was interested to see the History section of the website a little bare, so I hopped over to Marlborough's own town history site, and added a few lines with Marlborough's site as the source.
So there we have it, I am using the town's own interpretation of their history as valid information for the current Wikipedia entry, so I'm intrigued to see how quickly, if at all, someone will edit my information because they see it as incorrect. Now we sit back, and wait. That, or go out on this lovely Friday evening, and come back later to see if anyone has ruined my 15 minutes of online fame.
Digital Media Job
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment