Sunday, October 4, 2009

Trying Something New

I have been on Facebook for 5 years now, and I took some advice, and tried something new: Fan pages. I remember writing these things off when I first saw my friends becoming fans of cuddling, but when done correctly, these little pages do have a lot to offer. Since social networking is becoming so popular, it only seems to make sense to allow businesses, restaurants, etc. the chance to connect with their "fans," or rather, their consumers. I think that this would be a boon to smaller businesses in particular during this rough patch in the economy, as they could incorporate certain deals found exclusively on their fan page, could easily spread their business through word of mouth, and give a certain personality to the business as well. Again, it has to be done correctly, but if we cut through the excess fat, like useless fan pages, I think this feature really could breathe new life into social networking as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment