I will admit it, I didn't get to go out and vote on election day. I can make all the excuses in the world-- I'm new in Manchester, and didn't care/know enough about the local issues, the alarm went off but the snooze button was slammed repeatedly somehow-- but the simple fact is that I did not manage to make it, nor did I have time throughout the rest of the day. BUT I promise you, I will be voting on November, 2 2010 in order to prevent this from happening. I used to watch a lot of rasslin' when I was growing up, so when I see Linda on the podium, I think of her slapping her daughter around in some of those cheesy 'family feud' angles they would put on. I come from a family of teachers, so there was already plenty of animosity a-brewing once the lovely Jodi Rell appointed this woman to the CT board of ed. I recall Rell spewing some B.S. saying how McMahon's business knowledge would somehow help our children in their education. And the lo and behold, now she's running for senate! This is as ridiculous as the storylines in WWE.
Now that my rant has ended though, I did some searching to see if I could find any hyperlocal blogs in the area that could do my job for me, and report on the election. While I didn't have much luck, I did stumble upon a neat little site that wants to find the best blogs and twitter accounts by selected areas! Currently, the only featured blog for the town belongs to Chris Dodd, but there are plenty of suggested Twitterers. The model for the site is a good idea, as it intends to provide access to hyperlocal blogs all over the country, making it the online center point for towns and communities to discuss topics and events. Maybe if I become more actively involved in Manchester local politics, I can suggest myself as a prominent local blog for the town?
Digital Media Job
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment