Well, it took all week, but my copy of Here Comes Everyone arrived on Halloween day. As eager as I was to tear into its content, I unfortunately did not get a chance to open the book until today, and am still processing the amount of information that I have gained thus far. I would agree with Courtney thus far, the book is easy to read and the points are relatable. But apparently not everyone with the ability to post online feels that this style is so easily accessible. Not to go off on too much of a tangent, but if that last link is supposed to be a book review, I don't see one reference, either in defense of or in opposition to, a single one of the ideas that Shirky proposes. Instead she harps on him for creating his own words (shocking that one who uses the Internet so regularly would use "buzz words").
Anyways, there's still a ways to go, but just checking in to say that I've got a hefty amount of reading to do, but I like what I've read so far, and so far do tend to agree that the business model as we know it is changing. Heck, I work for the state and almost every agency is shifting to an online format. Just ask the old school hunters who are trying to register for their permits how they feel about that though.
Digital Media Job
16 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment