Monday, November 23, 2009

Where's the Money?

According to Jeff Dowler, apparently there is little to no revenue stream currently being produced by Twitter. His research comes from a Wall Street Journal article that I don't feel like paying for, but apparently the company only had an underwhelming 45 employees as of this past May. With no cash coming in, since Twitter is free and does not advertise, they really are going to have to come up with something if they wish to stay in business with their current growth rate. I am still having some difficulty motivating myself to keep tweeting this week with interesting content, let alone have to pay for it first. There are already some little annoyances that I hold towards Twitter- its servers are slow, when they are actually up, the interface could be a lot easier-- but I personally don't think advertising would be an awful way to make some money. FB doesn't annoy me so much when it does... or does it?

No comments:

Post a Comment